The Bear Creek School community suffered a great loss with the passing of our beloved Upper School math teacher, Bill MacKenney. Bill's family has invited everyone to remember and celebrate his life on Friday, April 27 at 2:00 p.m. at Westminster Chapel in Bellevue (13646 NE 24th St.).
We would like to make the time for all those who would like to attend the memorial; therefore, we have decided to dismiss students early on April 27 according to the following schedule:
- Lower School and Early Middle School (K-6) students and faculty will be dismissed at 11:40 a.m.
- Middle School and Upper School (7-12) students and faculty will be dismissed at 12:05 p.m.
- The main offices in the Main Building and the Upper School will close at 12:20 p.m.
- All non-faculty employees will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Preschool classes will be held as usual.
Lunch service, after school activities, and afternoon transportation services for April 27 will be cancelled; however, the Athletics Banquet in the Main Building's Cornerstone Theater will go on as planned, with doors opening at 5:30 p.m.
Faith. Mind. Heart.
Bear Creek Preschool for P3 (preschool) as well as P4 and P5 (prekindergarten) students features individualized, accelerated learning in math, reading, and writing and fosters a community that shapes character and kindness. Teachers who inspire discovery instill a love of learning in a safe and nurturing environment.
Portrait of a Bear Creek Student
Listens carefully. Explores curiously. Expresses ideas. Respects others. Practices humility. Shows empathy. Knows and loves God. Serves compassionately. Expresses creativity. Grows friendships. Shows kindness. Develops wisdom. Leads courageously.