School News Archives
Select a keyword, catagory, or date to limit your search (e.g. select "Academics News" from the dropdown category menu or choose "All" to see all archived news events). By default the date is set to the current month and year.
The forensics team placed second overall (for the fifth consecutive year) at the WIAA 3A State Speech (Individual Events) Tournament held on March 10 at University of Puget Sound. Bear Creek speakers broke into the final round in every event. Congratulations to all the award winners!
- Yasmin Wadhwani/Maria Bakhmetyeva – State Champions in Duo Interpretation
- Alex Finan – second place in Extemporaneous Speaking
- Richard Zhang – third place in Impromptu Speaking, finalist in Original Oratory
- Alex Finan – finalist in Impromptu Speaking
- Maria Bakhmetyeva – finalist in Expository Speaking
- Emma Firminger – finalist in Expository Speaking
- Lauren Shen – finalist in Humorous Interpretation
- Siena Cysewski – finalist in Interpretive Reading
- Jack McDonough – finalist in Dramatic Interpretation