- Community Relations
As I take a breath and look towards spring, I’m so grateful to be in a community that is guided by such a noble mission and grounded in strong core values. I see how our prayerfulness enriches all our efforts. The number of applicants and returning students to The Bear Creek School this year is the highest ever. More than half of our applicants are here because they know a Bear Creek family. Thank you for your part in making our school a great place for our kids.
At Bear Creek, we are fortunate to have an abundance of resources to help us navigate the parenting journey. I hope you will join me at "Parenting Under Pressure," a special presentation on Tuesday, April 2 with Dr. Rob McKenna. Below I summarized some additional resources that you might find helpful.
Community Relations Manager
Special Speaker: Parenting Under Pressure
Dr. Rob McKenna, Chair of Industrial-Organizational Psychology at Seattle Pacific University
Tuesday, April 2
7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Join me for this fun and thoughtful evening as Dr. Rob McKenna offers strategies for being our best when it matters most. Dr. McKenna is known for integrating faith, research, and practical application in a humorous and engaging way.
Additional Parent Resources
- ParentNet notes on topics from time management to friendships to cross-cultural parenting
- Resources from David Eaton’s Smartphone Sanity Training presentation
- Momo Challenge Information sent out from Division Heads Kristen Gephart and Jenn McDonough
- Bear Creek Blog
- Tools for Success presentation slides
- Academic and College Planning Night presentation slides and resources
- Bear Creek’s libraries have a parent/professional development section including DVDs of past speakers.
- Be sure to visit MyBC/Parents. It has a parent “to do” list including information about Summer Camp and Memory Book and Yearbook orders.