- Academic Affairs
- Upper School
We are all looking forward to celebrating the Class of 2021! Below you will find important information about both An Evening of Honors and Commencement regarding parking, logistics, screening, and more, so please be sure to read this entire correspondence and forward to all of your guests.
An Evening of Honors
Thursday, June 10, 2021
- 5:15 p.m. Main parking lot opens
- 5:30 p.m. Owens Field seating opens
- 6:00 p.m. Program begins
Saturday, June 12, 2021
- 1:00 p.m. Main parking lot opens
- 1:30 p.m. Owens Field seating opens
- 2:00 p.m. Program begins
Logistics for Both Events
- Both events will be held at The Bear Creek School (8905 208th Avenue NE Redmond) on Owens Field which is located behind the Main building.
- Guests will be seated under a large tent on our grassy soccer field.
- Carpools are encouraged!
- Park in the lot at the Main building. Due to the number of vehicles anticipated, parking attendants (Butler Valet) will be on site to direct traffic. Guests will park in the Main lot as well as in the gravel lot near the Farmhouse.
- Please alert the attendant upon entry of any disabled parking needs.
All guests must complete a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire on the day of the event(s) they are attending.
- For Bear Creek seniors and other students, parents should complete the regular screening questionnaire in the Magnus Health app and show the green GO as per usual.
- For parents and other guests, please download, print, and complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire; bring the completed form with you.
A completed screening questionnaire is your "ticket" to the event, and you will exchange it for a wristband that you will need to enter onto Owens Field.
- The programs will begin promptly as noted above.
- Please arrive early to allow ample time to park, check in by exchanging your screening questionnaire for a wristband, walk to Owens Field, find your seats, and take a moment to settle in.
- Masks are required except when enjoying the bottle of water which you will find at your seats.
- You will be ushered to your pre-selected seating area located under a large tent. Seating areas cannot be altered, and all guests must be preregistered. Additional chairs cannot be added to any seating areas.
- Wear comfortable shoes (spike heels strongly discouraged) as you will be walking on the grass field and through a gravel parking lot.
- Please maintain social distancing at all times while on campus and remain in your designated seating area.
- You will be dismissed by row at the conclusion of the event.
- Restrooms can be accessed through the gym doors in the Main building.
- Graduates may leave the grounds with their caps and gowns. Gowns must be returned to the Upper School's Nagel Commons by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 16. Graduates may keep their caps, tassels, and cords.
Contact Event Coordinator Peggy Roth (firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-765-0063).
- senior class