- Middle School
- Upper School
Bear Creek's Ski & Snowboard Program runs Fridays, January 3, 10, and 17 at Stevens Pass Ski Area. Please read the following information regarding the specifics of the program and ask your participating child(ren) to read it through as well.
Since students will be separated from chaperones while on the slopes, we request that all students who have prescriptions for emergency medication, such as epinephrine or an inhaler, carry those emergency medications on their persons at all times. Please provide your child with his/her home supply of medication and ask him/her to place it in an inside pocket.
Ski Patrol requires all participating students to watch a mountain safety video. Please ask your participating child(ren) to watch this video prior to Friday morning, January 3.
- In order to activate your child's lift pass, you must complete the liability release on snow.com. If you don't do this, your child will not be able to ski/ride. When you log into snow.com, you should see a red "action required" notification. If you don't see the notification and know you haven't signed the release yet, it may be because you have multiple snow.com accounts. Please call Stevens Pass if necessary. Another option is to print this release of liability, complete and sign, then take photos of both pages and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about your child's lift pass, call 206-812-4510 option 2 and then choose option 2 again to speak with a Reservations Agent. The call center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Please make sure your child brings his/her lift pass with him/her each week.
Morning Drop-off and Departing Bear Creek
Student drop-off: 6:30 a.m. promptly
Buses load: 6:45 a.m. – 7:00 a.m.
Buses depart: 7:00 a.m. sharp
- Drop off students behind the Main building by the outdoor basketball court.
- Please pull as far forward as you can so that others can move in behind you. Drop off your child quickly, moving your car out of the drop-off area as soon as possible. Please do not engage in conversation with other parents during drop-off as there will be many others trying to access the area. Thank you!
- Students should place equipment in the basketball court area against the black fence.
- Students who need to enter the building should do so through the Lower School playground door.
- Students should use the restroom and return to the loading area by 6:45 a.m.
We will travel in three buses; each coach will be clearly marked with a sign in the upper right corner of the windshield:
Bus #1: Boys and girls grades 10, 11, and 12
Bus #2: Boys grades 7, 8, and 9
Bus #3: Girls grades 7, 8, and 9
- Each student should board the bus when a chaperone has authorized him/her to do so by checking off his/her name.
- Students will ride the same bus home from the mountain at the end of the day.
Arrival at Stevens Pass
Arrival time: 9:00 a.m.
- Meeting locations for ski/board lessons will be announced, and students taking lessons will disembark first and will be taken to the lesson area.
- Everyone else will unload, gather equipment, and follow chaperones to the lodge.
- Buses will not be accessible during the day, so students should take with them everything they will want during the day.
Lessons and Free Skiing/Riding
Lessons: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- If your child is signed up for lessons, he/she must attend.
Free skiing/riding with a buddy until 4:00 p.m.
- Students should adhere to all safety patrol instructions and never ski or ride alone!
Parent and faculty chaperones will be available in the Pacific Crest Lodge at all times to assist students. They carry the emergency contact information.
- Students may buy lunch at the lodge or eat the food they bring with them at any time.
- Students may eat on the bus rides to and from the mountain as well.
- No specific lunch hour is scheduled.
- Snacks are recommended. Encourage your student to pack snacks for a mid afternoon boost or the late afternoon munchies on the bus ride home. Snacks may also be purchased in the lodge.
Departing Stevens Pass
Students return to buses: 4:00 p.m.
Buses depart: 4:30 p.m.
- New this year! Students who are renting gear as part of the lesson package must return their gear each Friday before boarding the bus.
- If you are picking up your child at the mountain, I must have an email notice no later than Thursday each week. Please do not try to hand me a note at the last minute. The safety of our students is our highest priority. Chaperones have been instructed to ask all students to board the bus unless I have personally cleared them and have documentation of alternate plans. Students may not under any circumstances be left at the mountain even if we have been told you are on your way. You must arrive and personally check your son or daughter out with the lodge chaperone if you are taking him/her from the mountain. It is your responsibility (and your child's) to properly check out with the lodge chaperones when you arrive to pick up your child. The chaperones will have a printed copy of the email you sent me the day before on their clipboard to verify this plan.
Return to Bear Creek
Buses will return to the school by 6:15 p.m.
- When buses return to Bear Creek, students will assist with bus clean-up and gather all their ski/board equipment.
- Plan to pick up your child at 6:15 p.m. sharp. Students will not be left at the school alone. Chaperones will stay until all students are picked up. Parents, please arrive on time.
As we are all very aware, the weather is unpredictable and has a way of changing our well-intended plans. Should there be a change of schedule, it will be handled in this fashion:
- We will text and email parents and Upper School students to notify them of any changes in the scheduled program including late bus arrival, cancelled ski days due to weather or road closure, etc. Ensure your email and cell phone numbers are up to date on your Household Profile. It is no longer necessary to subscribe to Ski & Snowboard Program alerts.
- If the ski event is cancelled, there is still no school for all Middle School and Upper School students.
- If the ski buses are delayed on the return trip or if there is any other unforeseen event that would result in a change of plan, information will be also posted on the Bear Creek website home page.
Most cell phones will have reception at the mountain. Students are encouraged to take their cell phones, and parents are welcome to contact their children whenever they wish. If you need to contact me during a Ski & Snowboard Program day, please contact the school and they will help you get in touch with me on the mountain.
Thank you for allowing your child to participate in this popular program. It is often mentioned as one of the highlights of the year! If you have any questions, contact Ryan Byram, Ski & Snowboard Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or 425-898-1720 ext. 430.