This page contains information for new students in grades 1 – 4 and their parents. Please bookmark this page so you can follow up on all the information provided below as it is updated throughout the spring and summer.
Whether opting for monthly payments or a single annual payment, sign up for a FACTS Tuition Management account no later than April 1, 2022. The first payment is due on May 5. The annual fee for FACTS is $45 per household (waived if tuition and facility fee are paid in full).
If you already have a FACTS account and need to add a new student, please contact Carol Willard, Accounts Receivable Specialist, at 425-898-1720 ext. 304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families receiving tuition assistance, or any other credit, or enrolling late will have their accounts adjusted after the FACTS account is set up. Contact Carol Willard to verify monthly amount due.
Parents of newly enrolled students may access the New Parent Portal using the same credentials they used to log in to the Admissions Portal. If necessary, click the drop-down menu on the column at the top portal page to switch from the Admissions Portal to the New Parent Portal. Using the same credentials, in mid-July, parents will receive access to the Parent Portal and health portal and should complete Back-to-School Registration at that time.
On the New Parent Portal, parents may edit contact information and view their billing account. Also, please bookmark this page as well as MyBC/Parents both of which contain lots of useful links.
If you have any questions about accessing the New Parent Portal, Parent Portal, or Magnus Health, please email Communications Manager Sini Fernandez (email@example.com).
Starting in grade 1, we place students in math class according to ability. Many students work at grade level, but if you believe your child is working above grade level, we will have him/her complete a Math Placement Assessment. However, if you know your child’s best fit class will be at grade level, your child does not need to take an assessment and we will place him/her accordingly.
We ask all parents of new students to complete the Math Placement Information form by June 10, so we know which students to assess (if you have multiple children enrolled, please complete separate forms). If your child enrolls after June 10 or you have questions about math placement, please contact Lower School Division Assistant Cady Reimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Division Head Kristen Gephart (email@example.com).
Check out the Summer Assignments and Review page for enrichment activities and ideas.
Summer Reading Program
Students entering grades K – 8 are encouraged to participate in our summer reading program.
This summer we are offering a limited selection of sports-only camps. Registration and details online at www.tbcs.org/summer. Camps are for just for Bear Creek's students (re-enrolled and newly enrolled) in grades 1 – 12.
Washington State law (RCW 28A.210.080) requires that all children enrolled at a public or private school must have documentation of the required immunizations or an exemption in order to attend school, preschool, or childcare, including those attending an alternative school program such as Running Start, vocational technical school, or virtual school. The immunization records must be on file at the school on or before the first day of attendance.
On or before the first day of attendance, all new students and all returning preschool, kindergarten, and grade 7 students must upload a medically verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form to the health portal by the summer deadline. Children cannot attend school until these records are provided. We cannot accept any forms that have been mailed, emailed, or dropped off.
A medically verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form is a:
- CIS printed by a health care provider from the Washington State Immunization Information System (IIS). This is medically verified by the Immunization Information System.
- CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. This is medically verified by the Immunization Information System. You can access your child’s immunization record at any time by signing up for MyIR at wa.MyIR.net.
- CIS completed by hand.
- Must be verified with a health care provider signature
- Must have medical vaccination records attached so it can be verified for accuracy by school staff
- Must be verified with a health care provider signature
If your child is on a delayed schedule, also have your child's health care provider complete and sign the Certificate of Exemption. See Health Services for more information or contact Lea Hysom, school nurse, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your child's immunization records.
Note: The COVID-19 vaccination is not required for students to attend school. However, if your student is vaccinated for COVID-19, please complete the optional COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card requirement by uploading your child's completed COVID-19 vaccine card or medically verified CIS containing the COVID-19 vaccine dose dates.
Information about uniform guidelines, dress days, and online ordering can be found on the School Uniforms page.
Your child's Back-to-School Registration is due by August 4 and must be complete before your child may attend school. Look for email in mid-July announcing that it is ready for your attention.
Bear Creek provides most materials for our students; however, there are some school supplies that parents must purchase for their children.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Review our campus maps to familiarize yourself with the morning and afternoon routines.
After School Programs
Bear Creek Plus offers after school enrichment classes and extended day care for Lower School students. Registration available with Back-to-School Registration.
Mark Your Calendar
At the top of every webpage, you will find the link to the School Calendar which can be filtered according to your child's division (or check out the special Lower School Calendar). Parents may subscribe to the various sub-calendar feeds and/or subscribe to email/text alerts for specific events or calendars.
Inside Bear Creek
As part of your orientation to Bear Creek, please plan to join Patrick Carruth, President and Headmaster, and Mariana Keller, Senior Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement, at Inside Bear Creek in the fall. This gathering will provide you with important practical information about how to get involved in the Bear Creek community as a parent, an understanding of how the school functions beyond the classrooms, and an opportunity to connect with other new families. Look for an email in early September with more details.
Preschool (P3 – P5)
- Division Head Rachael Urban, email@example.com, 425-885-9401 ext. 402
- Division Assistant Minette Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lower School (grades K – 4)
- Division Head Kristen Gephart, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 115
- Dean of Students Tressa Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 122
- Division Assistant Cady Reimer, email@example.com. 425-898-1720 ext. 116
Middle School (grades 5 – 8)
- Division Head Jenn McDonough, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 229
- Dean of Students Nathan Pettit, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 209
- Division Assistant Suzanne Grant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 215
Upper School (grades 9 – 12)
- Division Head Carol Miller, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 539
- Dean of Students Kevin Davison, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 735
Tuition and Fees
- Business Operations Manager Kathleen Lewis, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 302
Giving or Volunteering
- Senior Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement Mariana Keller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 340
- Director of Health Services and School Nurse Lea Hysom, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 399
- Communications Manager Sini Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics Director Chad Pohlman, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 431 (grades 9 – 12 sports)
- Middle School Athletics Director Nate Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 430 (grades 6 – 8 sports)
College and Academic Advising
- Dean of College and Academic Advising Katie Gomulkiewicz, email@example.com (grades 11 – 12)
- Dean of Academic Advising Emily Schuldt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 535 (grades 9 – 10)
- Registrar James Woollard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 537
- Director of Admissions Christie Hazeltine, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions Associate Carrie Nordberg, email@example.com (Designated School Official for Form I-20 students, also coordinates Parent Mentor program)
Also check out the online directory of faculty and staff.