Microsoft Office 365
If you need help resetting your child's Office 365 password, please email IT@tbcs.org with your child's full name and school email address.
Students have been assigned a Microsoft Office 365 account. Teachers in grades 4 – 12 will use Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft 365 apps this year across their classes. Teachers will explain specific uses to their students. In grades P – 6, Microsoft Teams will be used for teacher/parent communication, replacing the class newsletter.
- Log in at https://portal.office.com using the username and temporary password provided.
- Provide an authentication email address and phone number so you can reset the password.
- Change the account password (see gear icon in upper right of browser page).
- First, change the account password (see gear icon in upper right of browser page).
- Your child's new password must be 14 or more characters in length and may not contain any portion of the student's name.
- We suggest using a phrase (include spaces so it is easy to type and remember, e.g., "my dog is black and white").
- During the first weeks of school, our staff will work with each Lower School student to create a new, unique, and memorable password. This new password will then be sent home with your child to be used for the remainder of the school year.
- Download the Office 365 desktop apps by clicking the red button "Install Office" in the upper right of the page. Be patient, this may take a few minutes.
If you wish to install software on your child's device (i.e., anti-virus/malware software), and if you prefer to have parental controls, it's not hard to configure. Here's an article explaining how to set parental controls for Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Common Sense Media provides age-appropriate curriculum on good digital citizenship.