Back-to-School Registration 2019
Due August 8
Following these seven steps will enable you to complete Back-to-School Registration simultaneously for all enrolled children. Back-to-School Registration captures most information online (although you may need to print, sign, and submit a few forms).
Need help? Confused? Please read the Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers).
Please read carefully. These instructions are lengthy and detailed, and give you all the information you need to complete Back-to-School Registration. Please allow about an hour to update your Household Profile and child(ren)'s Medical Profile(s), complete the online policy form, and print and sign any additional forms. Registering for optional programs (sports, bus service), ordering uniforms, sweatshirts, or yearbooks, etc. will take additional time.
- STEP #1 — Review Emergency Form (REQUIRED)
- STEP #2 — Update Your Profile (REQUIRED)
- STEP #3 — Complete Back-to-School Registration Policy Form (REQUIRED)
- STEP #4 — Submit Required Paper Forms
- STEP #5 — Sign Up for Sports and After School Programs
- STEP #6 — Get Ready: Bus, Parking, Yearbooks, Uniforms, School Supplies, Summer Assignments, and More
- STEP #7 — Get Involved
First log in on the Parents page on Bear Creek’s website (MyBC/Parents).
Note: New parents may now use their Bear Creek credentials (previously used on the Admission Portal) to access the Parent Portal and other password protected pages on this site.
Next click the "My Parent Portal" button. This will take you to your Parent Portal home page where you can review your child’s Emergency Information form (see the Links tab near your child's picture). It is especially important to review the Emergency Information Forms for (younger) children who may have entered The Bear Creek School after their (older) siblings. Double check that all your children have the correct emergency contacts and primary care provider listed.
This form is used by the school any time your child visits the health room; it accompanies students on field trips; and should your child ever need to be transported to the hospital, this form will be sent along with him or her.
Review the family, contact, and medical information needed for the Student and Emergency Information form. To make changes to any of the information on the Emergency Information form, follow the instructions in Step #2.
To access Parent Portal from the MyBC/Parents, first log in, then click the "My Parent Portal" button.
To update the information on the Emergency Information form, click the "My Profile" button on the Parent Portal home screen or "My Profile" at the top navbar of the Parent Portal.
Follow these instructions:
Please Note: Submitted and saved updates do not appear immediately, but will be sent to the school nurse and student information system manager for processing. Updates will be reflected on your Household Profile, your child’s Medical Profile, and your child’s emergency form within 1-2 business days.
- In the Family Information section, review and update your address and personal contact information.
- In the Family Information section, review and update your employer(s) and job title(s).
- In the Medical Information section, review your household doctor(s) and family insurance. We need your provider and group number in case your child should need to go to the emergency room.
- In the Medical Information section, review your child’s Medical Profile (there's also a Medical Profile tab at the top of the page). When updating your child's Medical Profile, use the “+ Add a new request” drop down list to select parts of the Medical Profile which need updated information. This includes:
- Allergies with triggers and symptoms. Be as descriptive and complete as possible.
- Current medications. Be sure to list all medications your child takes on a regular basis (prescribed, over-the-counter, or naturopathic) at home or during school hours. Include allergy, ADD/ADHD, migraine, and emergency medications such as epinephrine and inhalers.
- General medical notes.
- Medications allowed. Nine over-the-counter medications may be provided at school. You may specify which, if any, we may administer to your child using the drop down menu. Unless you specify “all medications,” only medications specifically listed will be administered to your child.
- Click Submit when you have completed all updates to your child’s Medical Profile.
- In the Household Contacts section, click Contacts for My Children. Please ensure that four individual contacts (and no more) are designated as “emergency contacts” by selecting “yes” from the drop down menu when editing each contact. (We need four individual emergency contacts, preferably three local and one out of state, so we may contact them if you cannot be reached.)
- Do add "John Smith" and "Mary Smith" as two individual contacts. Do not add "John and Mary Smith" as a single contact.
- In the Household Contacts section, click Pickup Authorization. Designate contacts who may pick up your child at the end of the regular school day.
- Review your household and individual password-protected portal Directory Preferences.
- At the beginning of every school year we send Grizzly Grams to all our students' grandparents (P-12), providing them an opportunity to send their grandchildren a back-to-school message. Grandparents also receive Modus Vivendi, our twice-yearly school magazine. To ensure your parents receive these mailings as well as our invitation to lunch with their grandchild(ren), be sure to provide or update their information on your Household Profile.
To access the Parent Portal from the MyBC/Parents, first log in, then click the "My Parent Portal" button.
The Back-to-School Registration policy form is found on your Parent Portal. From the Parent Portal home screen, click the School Policies button, or if you just finished updating your Profile, you will see a School Policies tab near the top of the page.
Open the Back-to-School Registration online policy form and complete each section. Remember that you can complete it for all your enrolled children simultaneously. Be sure to click the Save Policies button at the top of the page to save your responses.
Don’t forget to print, complete, sign, and submit any necessary forms in the office of either building at Redmond Campus. Alternately, you may mail the forms to:
The Bear Creek School
8905 208th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98053
Form I-20 students may fax these items to 1-425-898-1430 or email scanned forms to International Advisor Vivian Hom (email@example.com).
These links will be helpful to you as you prepare for the new school year:
Bus Service: Bear Creek offers morning and afternoon bus service to and from the Bellevue/Kirkland communities. Our ridership policy states all K-12 students may ride the morning bus. In the afternoon, K-4 students may only ride when accompanied by an older sibling in grades 5-12.
Food Services: Deposit funds into your family's lunch account.
Order Optional Items: Use this combined order form to place an order for a yearbook, memory book, senior class sweatshirt, and/or student parking. House sweatshirt order deadline is August 8. Please check order form for additional deadlines.
Senior class yearbook items are due on October 1.
School Uniforms: Use the graphical guides and ordering information to prepare for the school year. Middle School P.E. uniform order deadline is August 15.
School Supplies Lists: The Bear Creek School has adopted a new school supply model for the 2019-2020 school year. Many items parents previously purchased will be provided in the classroom.
Surface Pro Distribution and Training: Juniors and seniors should sign up for one of the tech orientation sessions.
Summer Reading, Review, and Assignments: Reading and math for most students
Family Handbook: Log in on the MyBC/Parents page to review. The 2019-2020 edition will be published in August.
Update your family calendar with important dates. The 2019-2020 Yearly Planner has all the first days of school, school holidays, and last days of school listed. Review the online School Calendar and subscribe to relevant feeds using radio wave icon on the page.
The main offices in both buildings at Redmond Campus are open Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., closed Fridays, through August 13. Beginning August 14 – 23 the offices are open 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., open Fridays. Regular office hours resume Monday, August 26. The offices are closed daily between noon – 1:00 p.m. for lunch.
The libraries in the Main Building at Redmond Campus will be open Wednesdays, July 10, 17, 24, 31, and August 21 from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Preschool Office at Valley Campus is closed in July and August. Regular office hours resume Tuesday, September 3.
Parents, you will receive email reminders only if the Back-to-School Registration online policies incomplete or required paper forms have not been submitted. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions (and answers) if you have questions about how to complete Back-to-School Registration or why you received a reminder. Contact Sini Fernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have additional questions.