Patrick Carruth answers the question: "What is Christian liberal arts?"
Looking to Join Us?
Applications are received through our Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Our hiring committee will review the application and contact qualified candidates for a preliminary interview. Finalists are generally invited for a full-day, on-campus interview. Faculty finalists will have an opportunity to teach an in-class lesson. Employment offers are contingent on satisfactory completion of background checks, reference checks, education verification (Faculty applicants), and verification of authorization to work in the United States.
For questions contact Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bear Creek School is a classical, Christian school located in Redmond, Washington. The greater Seattle area offers a wide range of cultural and outdoor activities. The community is diverse, highly educated, and a great place for families.
Why Teach at Bear Creek?
As a member of The Bear Creek School, you belong to a vibrant preschool – grade 12 community fully committed to the mission of our school: to provide a high-quality, Christian liberal arts education in a nurturing environment that will enable each student to become the individual God intends.
In preparing students to engage the world with wisdom, compassion, and courage, we seek caring, dedicated faculty and staff who embrace their Christian faith, model Biblical values, share a love for learning and a commitment to excellence, and will nurture and challenge students. Our liberal arts model supports an academically rigorous curriculum, tightly integrated within a Christian worldview.
Class sizes are small (around 18 students), and all members of our community, students and adults alike, are known and appreciated as unique individuals, made in God’s image. Teachers work closely together in grade level teams and are supported and mentored.
Bear Creek offers competitive salaries and generous benefits. Because we believe that faculty who engage in lifelong learning inspire students to do the same, we invest in our employees and offer a wide range of professional development opportunities and funding.
We invite you to explore our website and current openings to see if The Bear Creek School could be a good fit for you.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of our employees is of utmost importance, especially in the COVID-19 pandemic. We follow robust COVID-10 protocols and offer daily on-campus nurse support. Per the State of Washington, teachers and staff are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or request a medical or religious exemption.
learning and Growing
There are many opportunities to participate in professional development both on-site in collaboration with peers or off-site networking and learning with and from other professionals. The school financially support this growth culture by funding a wide range of professional development opportunities.
Fully Funded Professional Development
- Professional conferences and workshops
- Certification coursework
- Advanced Placement workshops
- University coursework
- Local, regional, and national conferences
Graduate Degree Grant Program
- An average of 60% of the costs associated with graduate degree coursework are covered by the school through our Graduate Degree Grant Program
On Campus Professional Development
- Professional Development training day each October
- Late start on Wednesdays each week for Growth and Renewal
- In-service training
- New teacher orientation training week
- Mentor program
- Training in educational technology
Summer Institute Classes
- 4-day on-campus course on Christian worldview integration
- 4-day on-campus course on pedagogy (clock hours available)
Caring for our employees
The Bear Creek School offers a comprehensive and generous benefits for benefit eligible employees consisting of the following:
- Health Insurance – Employer Subsidized
- High Deductible or Low Deductible
- Dental Insurance – Employee Paid
- Vision Insurance – Employee Paid
- Health Savings Account – Employer Funded
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care
- Limited Healthcare
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Life and AD&D insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer 3% Contribution
- Vacation, Personal, and Sick Days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Bear Creek Tuition Discount
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Costco Membership reimbursement
- Passport Discount Card
- Discounted lunch at school kitchen
- Professional Development
- Financial support for advanced degrees and other approved classes or workshops