The Golf Club at Newcastle
Saturday, March 12
7:00 pM – 11:00 PM
Originally planned for January 8, 2022, Winter Ball has been rescheduled. Stay tuned for updated information about tickets and testing.
We encourage all Upper School students to attend! Many families and students independently arrange group dinners and post-dance celebrations to complement the evening. Formal attire is required, suits or tuxedos for the guys and dresses for the girls. Please follow dress code for this evening (see Family Handbook Section 9.2.14 Student Conduct at Social Events).
All students who attend must have proof of a negative COVID-19 test within two days prior to the dance, regardless of vaccination status. To help make this as convenient as possible, Bear Creek will administer free COVID-19 testing* on Thursday, January 6, to all students planning to attend the dance.
* Please note, in order for students to receive the test at school on TBD, parents must complete both COVID-19 testing consent items for their child in your Magnus Health account.
Location and Transportation
Winter Ball will be held in the St. Andrews Ballroom at The Golf Club at Newcastle, 15500 Six Penny Lane, Newcastle, WA 98059 (Directions).
Students or parents provide transportation. Parents/students should communicate about plans for the evening: who he/she will be driving with, where he/she will be before and after the dance, etc. We want this to be a safe event for everyone.
Pre- and Post-Dance Gatherings
Occasionally, students gather before and/or after Winter Ball for further social activities. These gatherings are not sponsored by the school, so parents should ensure they are comfortable with the activities and supervision of these outside event gatherings.
Arrival and Departure
Students should arrive between 7:00 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. Once students have entered the venue, they may not leave and return at a later time, including hanging out in cars and/or the parking lot.
Students will depart at 11:00 p.m. unless prearrangement have been made with the Dean of Students before the day of the dance.
Includes beverage and dessert service
$35 each—sold at school in December and again TBD
$40 each—at the door
Dress and Behavior
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, students are not permitted to bring outside guests this year.
- Due to State mandates, the venue requires masks be worn at all times while indoors.
- Please abide by the dance dress code as outlined in the Family Handbook Section 9.2.14 Student Conduct at Social Events.
- Students will be expected to conduct themselves on the dance floor in a manner that is respectful to one another, abides by our COVID-19 guidelines, and fits the general spirit of the evening. Students should attempt to keep some distance and refrain from physical touch both on and off the dance floor. This includes refraining from forcefully knocking into one another while dancing and lifting fellow students up in the air.
We hope to have a photographer on hand to take photos which will be posted to Vidigami. Stay tuned.