Aboard the Lady Mary with Argosy Cruises
Saturday, May 14, 2022
7:30 pm – 11:00 pm
We encourage all juniors and seniors to attend! Many families and students independently arrange group dinners and post-dance celebrations to complement the evening. Formal attire is required, suits or tuxedos for the guys and dresses for the girls. Please follow dress code for this evening (see Family Handbook Section 9.2.14 Student Conduct at Social Events).
All students who plan to attend the dance should complete a COVID-19 rapid antigen test at home on Friday, May 13. Students testing positive should stay home and complete the COVID-19 positive case form. Students testing positive or exhibiting any symptoms of illness may not attend the dance.
Location and Transportation
The Lady Mary will depart and return from the Carillon Point Marina (4100 Carillon Point, Kirkland, WA 98033). See Carillon Point parking options. To board Argosy Cruises, proceed to the guest pier just west of the Woodmark Hotel.
Students or parents provide transportation. Parents/Students should communicate about plans for the evening: who he/she will be driving with, where he/she will be before and after the dance, etc. We want this to be a safe event for everyone.
Pre- and Post-Dance Gatherings
Occasionally, students gather before and/or after Prom for further social activities. These gatherings are not sponsored by the school, so parents should ensure they are comfortable with the activities and supervision of these outside event gatherings.
Arrival and Departure
- 7:00 p.m. Dockside photos. A school photographer will take photos on the dock as students embark. It's important that students arrive on time, and we cannot guarantee that everyone will get pictures if they are late. Photos will be posted to Vidigami.
- 7:30 p.m. Boarding begins.
- 8:00 p.m. Boat departs, guests must be aboard by 7:45 p.m. The boat will leave promptly at 8:00 p.m. The boat will not wait for late parties, so please make sure to allow plenty of time for parking.
- 11:00 p.m. Boat returns.
Up to 15 outside guest spots are available. Download Guest Request Form and Family Handbook Excerpts (below) for all requirements. Submit form to Mr. Urban no later than May 1. Please communicate dress guidelines (see summary below and handbook excerpt) if you are bringing an approved outside guest.
- The guest must be a junior or senior in good behavior and academic standing while currently enrolled at an accredited high school or the guest must be a Bear Creek alumnus/alumna under the age of 21 by the date of the dance.
- Prior permission must be obtained from the Dean of Students if a guest is an alumnus/alumna of Bear Creek.
- A Guest Request Form must be submitted for all guests who are not current Bear Creek juniors, seniors, or alumni.
Dress and Behavior
- Please abide by the dance dress code as outlined in the Family Handbook Section 9.2.14 Student Conduct at Social Events. Students should dress modestly, in a way that conforms to school standards, and must observe the guidelines for dance attire. Specifically:
- No strapless dresses
- No exposed midriff or cleavage; no fully exposed back
- Dress must be consistent with uniform general guidelines
- Students will be expected to conduct themselves on the dance floor in a manner that is respectful to one another, abides by our COVID-19 guidelines, and fits the general spirit of the evening. Students should attempt to keep some distance and refrain from physical touch both on and off the dance floor. This includes refraining from forcefully knocking into one another while dancing and lifting fellow students up in the air.