The use of uniforms has several significant benefits: they allow students to look like students, promote a mindset of school being a special place with special expectations, and develop school pride. In addition, uniforms avoid the need for a dress code, eliminate "dress competition," and present financial savings. Dress or casual uniforms are worn every school day unless otherwise designated for special events.
Christopher plaid is our school plaid across all grades, K – 12. Dress day uniform items must be purchased through DENNIS Uniform.
Preschool students are not required to wear uniforms.
Lower School and Early Middle School students in grades K – 6 wear dress uniforms on Chapel days, field trips, and for designated special events. Dress uniforms are also worn on the first and last day of school. The casual uniforms are worn on all other days.
Middle School students wear dress uniforms on Mondays and Tuesdays. Casual uniforms are worn on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. All Middle School students take physical education either first or second semester and must wear a P.E. uniform during class.
Upper School students wear dress uniforms on Mondays and Tuesdays. Casual uniforms are worn on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- All dress uniform sweaters, pants*, and skirts must be purchased from DENNIS Uniform.
- Lands' End is no longer a logo wear vendor, although existing Bear Creek logo wear (sweaters and vests, etc.) may still be worn on casual uniform days.
* See additional Upper School pants vendors below.
Students will wear face coverings to school each day, and two extra face coverings will kept in the student's backpack/locker/cubby in the event the one worn to school becomes lost, soiled, or broken. Appropriate face coverings include reusable/washable cloth masks, disposable face masks, or face shields. Students will wear face coverings while inside school buildings. Students do not need to wear face coverings when outside and at least six feet physically distanced.
- Reusable cloth masks should be washed daily after use.
- A new disposable face mask should be used daily.
- Cloth masks may be any color and/or school-appropriate design.
- Masks may be handmade, purchased from DENNIS Uniform, Lands' End, or another source.
- Masks with clear coverings over the mouth area are permitted.
- Shields should wrap around the sides of the wearer’s face and extend to below the chin.
- Reusable face shields should be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
All logo wear, plaid, and dress day sweaters, pants, and skirts must be purchased from DENNIS Uniform. Sign up to receive email notification of upcoming DENNIS Uniform sales and promotions. Order early; due to state-mandated business closures, deliveries are taking 2 – 5 weeks.
- Lower School/Early Middle School code: XSB050
- Middle School/Upper School code: XSB051
Upper School Only
Upper School students have two additional online vendors from which to purchase dress uniform pants:
- Upper School number: 900033929
- Upper School code: BEAR01
Middle School Physical Education Uniforms
Before school starts in the fall, Middle School Physical Education uniforms (for boys and girls) must be purchased online from BSN Sports My Team Shop.
The Physical Education (P.E.) uniform items available from My Team Shop are the only uniform items which may be worn during P.E. class. Grizzlies hooded sweatshirts (see below, part of the Middle School casual school uniform) may not be worn during P.E. class. The P.E. T-shirt and shorts are required uniform items; the sweatshirt and sweatpants are recommended. (See 2020 flyer for additional details.)
- Access Code: TBCSPE20
Order deadline: August 24, 2020
All other P.E. uniform items, such as socks and athletics shoes, may be purchased through any store. If you have questions or need to place an order after the deadline, please contact Carol Willard (email@example.com), Middle School Division Assistant.
Students may purchase navy sweatshirts embroidered with the school logo through DENNIS Uniform (no personalization available). Navy embroidered sweatshirts are available in several styles (crew, full-zip, 1/4- zip, and hooded).
Sweatshirts sold in the Grizzly Gear Shop may be worn in K – 12 classrooms on casual uniform days. There are a wide variety of styles, colors, and logos available in addition to personalization.
Middle School and Upper School
Additional optional Bear Creek Grizzlies hooded sweatshirts for Middle School and Upper School casual uniform may be purchased online. These sweatshirts are personalized with the student's last name on the back and are available in green, navy, white, and charcoal gray for students in grades 7 – 12.
Orders may be placed anytime. Orders received by the 15th of the month will arrive on or before the 10th of the following month. If you have questions about your order, please contact Cloud 9 Sports (425-830-3843 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Middle School Division Assistant Carol Willard (email@example.com).
Upper School Only
Upper School students have additional sweatshirt options.
- House sweatshirts orders must be placed by August 6, 2020 and will be delivered to students on the first day of school. It is not necessary to specify your House when you place the order (new students and freshmen won't know their House until the first day of school!)
- The senior class will design a sweatshirt in the fall. Look for order details at that time.
Upper School students may wear letter jackets as part of the school uniform on both casual and dress uniform days. Any student may wear a letter jacket whether or not he/she has earned a varsity letter in a sport or activity. Information about how to earn a varsity letter is found in the Family Handbook (see MyBC/Parents or MyBC/Students).