Please keep your child home from school if he/she exhibits any of the following in the preceding 24 hours:
- Fever > 100° F
- Cough that is not related to asthma or seasonal allergies
- Difficulty breathing
- Chills with or without shaking
- Muscle or body aches or other persistent pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Unusual fatigue
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Rash, especially with fever or itching, or a rash that is weeping, oozing, or widespread unless cleared by a medical provider
- Head lice (until treatment is started)
- Contagious diseases such as chicken pox, strep throat, mono, whooping cough, pink eye, impetigo, ringworm, scabies etc., until treated and/or cleared to return by a medical provider
Also, keep your child home for 24 hours after starting a course of antibiotics. Students must be symptom-free for 24 hours in order to attend school.
If your child has been diagnosed with a contagious disease, please contact the health services team. Follow the procedures on the Attendance page to report absences. Always include as much description as possible regarding the reason for absence.
With any illness, the bottom line is keep your child home from school if he or she is sick.