Bear Creek's health and wellness policies and procedures relating to health room services, severe allergies, medication administration, concussions, immunizations, and more.
Our health team is committed to the health and wellness of our students. Our mission at The Bear Creek School is to promote student health and wellness in a safe, supportive, and faith-centered environment that will enable each student to become the individual that God intends.
Bear Creek's team of registered nurses provides professional nursing care to students and the school community. The school nurse’s role includes:
- Promoting health and safety
- Assessing student health status and initiating referrals
- Delivering emergency care
- Administering medications
- Identifying vision and hearing problems that impact learning
- Disaster preparedness
- Performing educational training for school employees
- Providing health and wellness programs
- Creating individual health care plans for students with health care needs
- Collaborating with families, communities, and school employees
There are dedicated health rooms in each location including two at Redmond Campus in the Main building and Upper School, plus one at Valley Campus. A school nurse is assigned full-time at Redmond Campus and part-time with on-call availability at Valley Campus.
Please contact Health Services Manager Lea Hysom, RN, BSN at lea.hysom@tbcsorg or 425-898-1720 ext. 399 with any questions you may have.
Health, Wellness, and Safety Policies
Section 4 of the Family Handbook deals with health, wellness, and safety.
All medication must be stored in the Health Room, and authorization is required to administer medication at school.
Parents may allow the school to provide over-the-counter medications to their children.
The Bear Creek School is required by State law to ensure all students are compliant with current immunization requirements (preschool or K – 12) or have an appropriate exemption. All new students (and all returning kindergarten and grade 7 students) must have medically-verified immunization records on file prior to the first day of school.
- (Recommended) Print and sign your child's Certificate of Immunization Status directly from wa.MyIR.net,
- Or both you and your child's health care provider must sign the completed Certificate of Immunization Status,
- Or complete and sign the Certificate of Immunization Status and submit to school with your child's medical records attached.
If your child is on a delayed schedule, also have your child's health care provider complete and sign the Certificate of Exemption.
Mail or drop off printed and signed forms and documentation to The Bear Creek School, Attn: Immunizations, 8905 208th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98053.