- College Advising
- The Teenage Years
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Keynote Panel: Application Case Studies
How Do Colleges Interpret and Prioritize All Aspects of the College Application?
Representatives from three colleges will discuss how they each evaluate prospective students using real applications. Attendees will hear how colleges interpret the transcript, test scores, essays, and other qualitative factors.
- Nate Mannetter, Gonzaga University, Assistant Director of Admission
- Ruth C. Schauble, Whitworth University, Associate Director of Admissions
- Jarrod Larse, Oregon State University, Regional Admissions Advisor
- Upper School Course Registration Workshop
- Q&A College Portfolio Review
- Why the Journey Matters
- Keeping Your Faith in College
- Innovators in the Image of The Creator
- Telling Your Story: Tips for Writing an Amazing College Essay
- The Admission Process at Highly Selective Schools
- Time Management and Organization
- Athletics at the College Level: From Rec to D1
- Life After Bear Creek
- Leadership Skills for the 21st Century
- Standardized Tests Defined
- Middle School Course Registration Workshop
- The STEM Path to Opportunities
- Let's Talk: Communication as Key to Student Success
- The College Selection Journey
Bear Creek Open House event for prospective families
- Check in at 5:30 p.m.
- Bear Creek admissions program begins at 5:45 p.m. and will include an admissions presentation and Q&A.
- Please park at the Upper School (8525-208th Ave. NE, Redmond).
Academic and College Planning Night
- Arrive on campus by 6:15 p.m. to allow time to park at the Main Building (8905-208th Ave. NE, Redmond) and walk to the Upper School building. There is a lighted footpath connecting the two buildings.
- Welcome and keynote begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- Final breakout session concludes at 8:50 p.m.