Bear Creek's Scholarship Program awards merit-based scholarships to domestic students in recognition of their talents, accomplishments, leadership, and character.
The Price Scholarship is named in honor of Dr. Nancy Price, Founder and Head of The Bear Creek School from 1988 – 2006. Her devotion to the classical ideals of truth, goodness, and beauty has endowed The Bear Creek School with a rich legacy of developing Christian scholars and leaders both now and for generations to come.
The Price Scholarship program seeks to enroll talented mission-fit students who demonstrate academic excellence, Christian faith, and active school-community participation and leadership. A Price Scholarship helps make a Bear Creek education possible to more students.
- Renewable through grade 12 to students
- Awarded at varying dollar amounts
- Come with ongoing mentorship opportunities with key administrative leaders throughout the academic year
- Entering grade 9 as a new student in the fall of 2021
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Exhibit Christian faith, academic excellence, and passionate servant leadership
- Minimum GPA of 3.3 (or equivalent) in previous two school years
- Demonstrate ongoing academic strength in the current school year
- Demonstrate significant achievement on the Independent School Entrance Exam (minimum scores in the 85th percentile on three of the four test categories)
- Demonstrate exemplary behavior prior to admission
* Children of benefit-eligible Bear Creek employees are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
Deadlines for Priority Consideration**
- October, November, or December 2020 – Start the application process by submitting an online Bear Creek application for admission. Schedule visit/interview dates early and well in advance of January 25, 2021, as dates fill quickly and may not be available as deadlines approach. As soon as the online application is submitted (and by January 21, 2021), email email@example.com to notify us you would like your child to be considered for a Price Scholarship. Please include in the subject line “Applying for Price Scholarship” along with your child’s first and last name.
- On or before January 16, 2021 – Take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). Advanced registration is required, please plan accordingly. The ISEE is the only test that is accepted for Price Scholarship consideration.
- On or before January 21, 2021 – If you have not done so already, email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us you would like your child to be considered for a Price Scholarship and include in the subject line “Applying for Price Scholarship."
- On or before January 25, 2021 (deadline for all items) – Submit/Complete all Admission Portal required items including the student essay (send essay to email@example.com). Essay Prompt (maximum 650 words): What is the most significant book you have read? Why?
** For priority consideration, all scholarship requirements must be submitted/completed by the dates shown above and prior to acceptance or enrollment. Scholarship applications may be considered on a rolling basis after the above dates; however, due to limited scholarship dollars, it is best to apply early. If applying after the above dates, please call the Admission Office to inquire if scholarships are still available, make arrangements to take the ISEE, and receive further instructions.
Applicants who meet all of the above qualifications, requirements, and deadlines will be invited via email to participate in a finalist interview on February 4, 2021. Finalist interviews for rolling applications will be arranged on an individual basis if scholarship funds are still available.
Admission decisions and scholarship decisions will be communicated via email by February 11, 2021, rolling decisions thereafter for late applications.
Price Scholarships are renewed annually in January if the following requirements are met:
- Maintain semester grade point averages of 3.3 in the first scholarship year and semester grade point averages of 3.5 thereafter
- Continue to exhibit Christian faith, academic excellence, and passionate servant leadership and exemplary behavioral standards
- Submit an annual renewal essay (information emailed to student each December)
- Receive Division Head approval
Coordination of Scholarships and Tuition Assistance
Tuition assistance requires a separate application. We strongly encourage students applying for scholarships to also apply for tuition assistance in the event they are not selected as a scholarship recipient. Scholarships are considered as resources award to the family and are evaluated during the tuition assistance awarding process. Scholarships may reduce the overall tuition assistance awarded.