New Kindergarten Students
This page contains information for new kindergarten students and their parents
Mark Your Calendar
Parents who missed our sessions in May are invited to attend an important parent meeting on Wednesday, August 5, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., to gain a broad overview of the Bear Creek experience and receive information and resources that will help ensure a smooth and successful transition to our school community. We look forward to answering your questions at this online event. Return to this page and click the button to join the meeting.
In the meantime, watch this video which introduces all the topics we normally present in person, including lots of details about our program, upcoming events, school uniforms, pick-up and drop-off, and much more.
Preparing for a New School
Summer Play Dates
Come meet your child's new classmates on the playground at Redmond Campus. More information will be provided later this summer.
- Kindergarten: Wednesday, August 5, 4:00 p.m.
- Grades 1 and 2: Wednesday, August 12, 4:00 p.m.
- Grades 3 and 4: Thursday, August 14, 4:00 p.m.
All immunization records must be uploaded to our new health portal. Instructions will be included with Back-to-School Registration which is emailed in mid-July.
The Bear Creek School is required by State law to ensure all students are compliant with current immunization requirements (preschool or K – 12) or have an appropriate exemption. All new students (and all returning kindergarten and grade 7 students) must have medically-verified immunization records on file prior to the first day of school.
- (Recommended) Print and sign your child's Certificate of Immunization Status directly from wa.MyIR.net,
- Or both you and your child's health care provider must sign the completed Certificate of Immunization Status,
- Or complete and sign the Certificate of Immunization Status and submit to school with your child's medical records attached.
If your child is on a delayed schedule, also have your child's health care provider complete and sign the Certificate of Exemption.See Health Services for more information or contact Lea Hysom, school nurse, at email@example.com if you have any questions about your child's immunization records.
Information about uniform guidelines, dress days, and online ordering can be found on the School Uniforms page.
Be on the lookout in mid-July for an email about your child's Back-to-School Registration which is due in early August.
Bear Creek provides most materials for our students; however, there are some school supplies that parents must purchase for their children.
After School Program
Registration for our after school program, Bear Creek Plus, begins later this summer.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Review our campus maps to familiarize yourself with the morning and afternoon routines.
Mark Your Calendar
At the top of every webpage, you'll see the link to the School Calendar which can be filtered according to your child's division (or check out the special Lower School Calendar and Early Middle School Calendar). Parents may subscribe to the various sub-calendars feeds and/or subscribe to email/text alerts for specific events or calendars.
Inside Bear Creek
As part of your orientation to Bear Creek, please plan to join Patrick Carruth, President and Headmaster, and Debbie Marchione, Vice President of Philanthropy and Community Engagement, at Inside Bear Creek in the fall. This gathering will provide you with important practical information about how to get involved in the Bear Creek community as a parent, an understanding of how the school functions beyond the classrooms, and an opportunity to connect with other new families. Look for an email in early September with more details.
Bear Creek faculty and staff are working off campus through August 3. Please email if you need to get in touch. Thank you!
Preschool (P3 – P5)
- Division Head Rachel Urban, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-885-9401 ext. 402
- Division Assistant Amanda Smith, email@example.com
Lower School (grades K – 4)
- Division Head Kristen Gephart, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 115
- Dean of Students Tressa Parker, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 122
- Division Assistant Cady Reimer, firstname.lastname@example.org. 425-898-1720 ext. 116
Early Middle School (grades 5 – 6)
Middle School (grades 7 – 8)
- Division Head Jenn McDonough, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 229
- Dean of Students Nathan Pettit, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 209
- Division Assistant Carol Willard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 215
Upper School (grades 9 – 12)
- Division Head Carol Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 539
- Dean of Students Kevin Davison, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 735
- Division Assistant Debbie Stump, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 532
- Business Operations Manager Kathleen Lewis, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 302
Giving or Volunteering
- Vice President for Philanthropy and Community Engagement Debbie Marchione, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720, ext. 338
- Health Services Manager Lea Hysom, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 399
- Communications Manager Sini Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics Director Chad Pohlman, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 431 (grades 9 –12 sports)
- Middle School Athletics Director Ryan Byram, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 430 (grades 6 – 8 sports)
College and Academic Advising
- Dean of College and Academic Advising Colleen Murray, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 533 (grades 11 – 12)
- Dean of Academic Advising Emily Schuldt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 535 (grades 9 – 10)
- Registrar James Woollard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 537
- Director of Admissions Christie Hazeltine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Also check out the online directory of faculty and staff.