New Early Middle School Students
This page contains information for new students in grades 5 and 6 and their parents.
This video introduces all the topics we normally present at parent orientation events, including lots of details about our program, school uniforms, pick-up and drop-off, and much more. You may also reference the presentation slides and recording of our Q&A session held May 6. Additional information provided is below.
Preparing for a New School
Instructions for completing these requirements by uploading your child's immunization records to the health portal will be included with Back-to-School Registration (see below).
The Bear Creek School is required by State law to ensure all students are compliant with current immunization requirements (preschool or K – 12) or have an appropriate exemption. All new students and all returning kindergarten and grade 7 students must upload medically-verified immunization records to the health portal prior to the first day of school.
To help the school and our families meet this requirement, The Bear Creek School is changing how we manage student immunization records. We are now using the School Module, an online system provided by the Washington State Department of Health.
The School Module allows Bear Creek to quickly and efficiently check if your child has the vaccines required for school. This will save the health team time entering vaccination dates and free up time to work with students. Most children born and/or vaccinated in Washington already have their information in the system. You can access your child’s record at any time by signing up for MyIR at wa.MyIR.net.
- (Recommended) Print and sign your child's Certificate of Immunization Status directly from wa.MyIR.net
- Or both you and your child's health care provider must sign the completed Certificate of Immunization Status
- Or complete and sign the Certificate of Immunization Status and submit along with a copy of your child's medical records
If your child is on a delayed schedule, also have your child's health care provider complete and sign the Certificate of Exemption. See Health Services for more information or contact Lea Hysom, school nurse, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your child's immunization records.
The Bear Creek School is committed to placing each student in the “best fit” class for math instruction. Math placement consideration for next year will be based on your child’s current math level—for most students, this means he/she will advance in math one year.
We ask all parents of new students to complete the Math Placement Information form so we know which students to assess (if you have multiple children enrolled, please complete separate forms). Please contact Early Middle School Division Assistant Carol Willard at email@example.com with any questions.
Grade 6 students are eligible to participate in Middle School fall sports which include boys and girls cross country, boys soccer, girls soccer, and girls volleyball (fall only). Sports registration is postponed. In the meantime, please schedule your child's sports physical as early as feasible.
Information about uniform guidelines, dress days, and online ordering can be found on the School Uniforms page.
Be on the lookout for an email about your child's Back-to-School Registration which must be completed before your child may start school.
Bear Creek provides most materials for our students; however, there are some school supplies that parents must purchase for their children.
After School Program
Registration for our after school program, Bear Creek Plus, is postponed.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Review our campus maps to familiarize yourself with the morning and afternoon routines.
Mark Your Calendar
At the top of every webpage, you'll see the link to the School Calendar which can be filtered according to your child's division (or check out the special Lower School Calendar and Early Middle School Calendar). Parents may subscribe to the various sub-calendar feeds and/or subscribe to email/text alerts for specific events or calendars.
Inside Bear Creek
As part of your orientation to Bear Creek, please plan to join Patrick Carruth, President and Headmaster, and Debbie Marchione, Vice President of Philanthropy and Community Engagement, at Inside Bear Creek in the fall. This gathering will provide you with important practical information about how to get involved in the Bear Creek community as a parent, an understanding of how the school functions beyond the classrooms, and an opportunity to connect with other new families. Look for an email in early September with more details.
Preschool (P3 – P5)
- Division Head Rachel Urban, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-885-9401 ext. 402
- Division Assistant Minette Williams, email@example.com
Lower School (grades K – 4)
- Division Head Kristen Gephart, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 115
- Dean of Students Tressa Parker, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 122
- Division Assistant Cady Reimer, firstname.lastname@example.org. 425-898-1720 ext. 116
Early Middle School (grades 5 – 6)
Middle School (grades 7 – 8)
- Division Head Jenn McDonough, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 229
- Dean of Students Nathan Pettit, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 209
- Division Assistant Carol Willard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 215
Upper School (grades 9 – 12)
- Division Head Carol Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 539
- Dean of Students Kevin Davison, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 735
- Division Assistant Debbie Stump, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 532
Tuition and Fees
- Business Operations Manager Kathleen Lewis, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 302
Giving or Volunteering
- Vice President for Philanthropy and Community Engagement Debbie Marchione, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720, ext. 338
- Health Services Manager and School Nurse Lea Hysom, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 399
- Communications Manager Sini Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics Director Chad Pohlman, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 431 (grades 9 – 12 sports)
- Middle School Athletics Director Ryan Byram, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 430 (grades 6 – 8 sports)
College and Academic Advising
- Dean of College and Academic Advising Colleen Murray, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 533 (grades 11 – 12)
- Dean of Academic Advising Emily Schuldt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 535 (grades 9 – 10)
- Registrar James Woollard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 537
- Director of Admissions Christie Hazeltine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Also check out the online directory of faculty and staff.