All required application items are listed on your child’s Admission Portal and are necessary before our Admission Committee will review, make an admission decision, and communicate decisions to parents. Depending on the grade applying to, we require demographic information, parent and/or candidate questionnaires, academic records, admission testing, teacher recommendation(s), an interview, and a non-refundable $50 application fee. Bear Creek does not offer an English Language Learner (ELL) program.
Note: Price Scholarship applicants have additional requirements. See Scholarships for more information.
Current Bear Creek students are given the opportunity to reenroll to the next academic year in late January/early February, so the number of spaces available to new students will not be determined until after reenrollment is complete.
Please note age requirements for the following grade levels when applying for the 2022 – 2023 school year:
- Full-day and 2/3-day – five years of age by August 31, 2022
- P3 – three years of age by August 31, 2022, and toilet trained
- P4 – four years of age by August 31, 2022, and toilet trained
- P5 – five years of age by January 1, 2023, and toilet trained
Starting an application early (in the fall for the following school year) is highly recommended. Keep in mind interview dates fill quickly, so please schedule these early. For those grade levels requiring admission testing, it is best to test sooner rather than later.
For priority (first round) admission decisions, the following deadlines apply:
- December 13, 2021: Application deadline for siblings of currently enrolled Bear Creek students (all required items submitted)
- January 15, 2022: Last date to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) if applying for a Price Scholarship (grade 9 applicants only)
- January 24, 2022: Application deadline for all other applicants (all required items submitted)
We may have openings in some grade levels after the above deadlines. See Apply Now for additional information.
You are welcome to email us at email@example.com to inquire about space availability.
Admission decisions for the 2022 – 2023 school year will be emailed:
- Beginning mid to late January 2022 (continuing in February and March): Preschool (P3, P4, P5)
- January 19, 2022: For most siblings of current Bear Creek students
- February 17, 2022: Grade 9 and above
- March 11, 2022: Kindergarten – grade 8 (at our discretion, we may make some decisions earlier)
We make rolling admission decisions after the above dates, depending on space availability.
Admission decisions are based on the strength of each applicant’s overall application compared with the overall pool of applicants. Parents or legal guardians will receive one of three admission decision notifications:
- Accepted – Applicant meets Bear Creek’s admission criteria, and enrollment will be offered.
- Candidate Pool – Applicant meets Bear Creek’s admission criteria, but the number of qualified applicants exceeds class capacity. If/when openings in a class occur, a qualified applicant will be selected from the Candidate Pool and offered admission. Those we are unable to accommodate will be given the opportunity to convert their applications forward to the next grade level in the following academic year. Updated information will be required, however certain items will be waived.
- Denied – Applicant does not meet Bear Creek’s admission criteria and enrollment will not be offered.