We are still accepting applications for admission for the 2021 – 2022 school year. You are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about space availability. Even if we have reached capacity for the grade level(s) you are interested in, you may still apply and your child will be considered for any vacancy that may occur.
All required application items are listed on your child’s Admission Portal and are necessary before our Admission Committee will review, make an admission decision, and communicate decisions to parents. In general, depending on the grade applying to, we require demographic information, parent and/or candidate questionnaires, academic records, admission testing, teacher recommendation(s), an interview and/or candidate visit, and a non-refundable $50 application fee (there is no application fee for preschool applicants).
Note: Price Scholarship applicants have additional requirements. See Scholarships for more information.
Please note age requirements for the following grade levels when applying for the 2021 – 2022 school year:
- Full-day and 2/3-day – five years of age by August 31, 2021
- P3 – three years of age by August 31, 2021 and toilet trained
- P4 – four years of age by August 31, 2021 and toilet trained
- P5 – five years of age by January 1, 2022 and toilet trained
Starting an application early (October, November, December) is highly recommended. Please keep in mind interview and admission test dates fill quickly, so it is best to schedule these early.
For priority (first round) admission decisions, the following deadlines apply:
- Monday, December 14, 2020: Application deadline for siblings of currently enrolled Bear Creek students (all required items submitted)
- Saturday, January 16, 2021: Last date to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) if applying for a Price Scholarship (grade 9 applicants only)
- Monday, January 25, 2021: Application deadline for all other applicants (all required items submitted)
- You are welcome to submit an application after the above dates, as we continue to accept and enroll students on a rolling basis until full enrollment has been achieved.
Applications are accepted after the above dates on a rolling basis until enrollment capacity is achieved. You are welcome to email us at email@example.com to inquire about space availability.
Admission decisions for the 2021 – 2022 school year will be emailed:
- Beginning mid to late January 2021 (continuing in February and March): Preschool (P3, P4, P5)
- January 19, 2021: For most siblings of current Bear Creek students
- February 11, 2021: Grade 9 and above
- March 12, 2021: Kindergarten – grade 8 (at our discretion, we may make some decisions earlier)
We make rolling admission decisions after the above dates, depending on space availability.
Admission decisions are based on the strength of each applicant’s overall application compared with the overall pool of applicants. Parents or legal guardians will receive one of three admission decision notifications:
- Accepted – Applicant meets Bear Creek’s admission criteria, and enrollment will be offered.
- Candidate Pool – Applicant meets Bear Creek’s admission criteria, but the number of qualified applicants exceeds class capacity. If/when openings in a class occur, a qualified applicant will be selected from the Candidate Pool and offered admission. Those we are unable to accommodate will be given the opportunity to convert their applications forward to the next grade level in the following academic year. Updated information will be required, however certain items will be waived.
- Denied – Applicant does not meet Bear Creek’s admission criteria and enrollment will not be offered.