New Preschool Students
This page contains information for new P3/P4/P5 students and their parents. Please bookmark this page so you can follow up on all the information provided below as it is updated throughout the spring and summer.
* Download the free Microsoft Teams app or join in your browser.
Preparing for Preschool
Transition to School
Read these tips for transitioning to preschool to help ensure your child is ready for the first day.
We believe education is a partnership between the school and home. As you are preparing your child for school, we have some ideas for extending your child’s learning outside the classroom.
Whether opting for monthly payments or a single annual payment, sign up for a FACTS Tuition Management account no later than April 1, 2022. The first payment is due on May 5. The annual fee for FACTS is $45 per household (waived if tuition and facility fee are paid in full).
If you already have a FACTS account and need to add a new student, please contact Carol Willard, Accounts Receivable Specialist, at 425-898-1720 ext. 304 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families receiving tuition assistance, or any other credit, or enrolling late will have their accounts adjusted after the FACTS account is set up. Contact Carol Willard to verify monthly amount due.
Parents of newly enrolled students may access the New Parent Portal using the same credentials they used to log in to the Admissions Portal. If necessary, click the drop-down menu on the column at the top portal page to switch from the Admissions Portal to the New Parent Portal.
On the New Parent Portal, parents may edit contact information and view their billing account. Also, please bookmark this page as well as MyBC/Parents both of which contain lots of useful links.
Occasionally, parents receive an erroneous reminder email from Magnus Health after completing enrollment. Please ignore the email. Parents will receive access to the health portal in July and should complete the required to-do items in the portal at that time.
If you have any questions about accessing the New Parent Portal, Parent Portal, or Magnus Health, please email Communications Manager Sini Fernandez (email@example.com).
Washington State law (RCW 28A.210.080) requires that all children enrolled at a public or private school must have documentation of the required immunizations or an exemption in order to attend school, preschool, or childcare, including those attending an alternative school program such as Running Start, vocational technical school, or virtual school. The immunization records must be on file at the school on or before the first day of attendance.
On or before the first day of attendance, all new students and all returning kindergarten and grade 7 students must upload medically verified immunization records to the health portal by the summer deadline. Children cannot attend school until these records are provided. (New parents will receive instructions for submitting immunization records in the health portal with Back-to-School Registration in July. We cannot accept any forms that have been mailed, emailed, or dropped off.)
A medically verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form is a:
- CIS printed by a health care provider from the Washington State Immunization Information System (IIS). This is medically verified by the Immunization Information System.
- CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. This is medically verified by the Immunization Information System. You can access your child’s immunization record at any time by signing up for MyIR at wa.MyIR.net.
- CIS completed by hand.
- Must be verified with a health care provider signature
- Must have medical vaccination records attached so it can be verified for accuracy by school staff
- Must be verified with a health care provider signature
If your child is on a delayed schedule, also have your child's health care provider complete and sign the Certificate of Exemption. See Health Services for more information or contact Lea Hysom, school nurse, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your child's immunization records.
Note: The COVID-19 vaccination is not required for students to attend school. However, if your student is vaccinated for COVID-19, please complete the optional COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card requirement (ages 5 and up) by uploading your child's completed COVID-19 vaccine card or medically verified CIS containing the COVID-19 vaccine dose dates.
Cubs Club lengthens the preschool day by forty-five minutes and is available from 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. To review a list of classes offered and register, visit the Cubs Club page. Registration opens on August 8, 2022.
Your child's Back-to-School Registration is due on August 4, and must be complete before your child may attend school. Look for an email in mid-July announcing that it is ready for your attention.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Review our campus map to familiarize yourself with the morning and afternoon routines.
Mark Your Calendar
At the top of every webpage, you'll see the link to the School Calendar which can be filtered according to your child's division (or check out the special Preschool Calendar). Parents may subscribe to the various sub-calendar feeds and/or subscribe to email/text alerts for specific events or calendars.
Bear Creek supplies most materials for our students; however, there are a couple of school supplies that parents must provide for their children.
When you are ready to dig into the everyday routine at Bear Creek Preschool, read our Preschool Parent Guide.
Preschool (P3 – P5)
- Division Head Rachael Urban, email@example.com, 425-885-9401 ext. 402
- Division Assistant Minette Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lower School (grades K – 4)
- Division Head Kristen Gephart, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 115
- Dean of Students Tressa Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 122
- Division Assistant Cady Reimer, email@example.com. 425-898-1720 ext. 116
Middle School (grades 5 – 8)
- Division Head Jenn McDonough, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 229
- Dean of Students Nathan Pettit, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 209
- Division Assistant Suzanne Grant, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 215
Upper School (grades 9 – 12)
- Division Head Carol Miller, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 539
- Dean of Students Kevin Davison, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 735
- Division Assistant Debbie Stump, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 532
Tuition and Fees
- Business Operations Manager Kathleen Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720, ext. 302
Giving or Volunteering
- Vice President for Philanthropy and Community Engagement Debbie Marchione, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 338
- Health Services Manager and School Nurse Lea Hysom, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 399
- Communications Manager Sini Fernandez, email@example.com
- Athletics Director Chad Pohlman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 431 (grades 9 – 12 sports)
- Middle School Athletics Director Ryan Byram, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 430 (grades 6 – 8 sports)
College and Academic Advising
- Dean of College and Academic Advising Colleen Murray, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720, ext. 533 (grades 11 – 12)
- Dean of Academic Advising Emily Schuldt, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 535 (grades 9 – 10)
- Registrar James Woollard, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 537
- Director of Admissions Christie Hazeltine, email@example.com
- Admissions Associate Carrie Nordberg, firstname.lastname@example.org (Designated School Official for Form I-20 students, also coordinates Parent Mentor program)
Also check out the online directory of faculty and staff.