New Preschool Students
This page contains information for new P3/P4/P5 students and their parents. Please bookmark this page so you can follow up on all the information provided below as it is updated throughout the spring and summer.
Please plan to join us on campus at one of these two orientation events.
Monday, May 1, or Tuesday, May 2
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Little Gym at Bear Creek Preschool (19315 NE 95th Street, Redmond)
Preparing for Preschool
Transition to School
Read these tips for transitioning to preschool to help ensure your child is ready for the first day.
We believe education is a partnership between the school and home. As you are preparing your child for school, we have some ideas for extending your child’s learning outside the classroom.
Whether opting for monthly payments or a single annual payment, sign up for a FACTS Tuition Management account no later than April 1, 2023. The first payment is due on May 5. The annual fee for FACTS is $50 per household (waived if tuition and facility fee are paid in full).
If you already have a FACTS account and need to add a new student, please contact Carol Willard, Accounts Receivable Specialist, at 425-898-1720 ext. 304 or email@example.com.
Families receiving tuition assistance, or any other credit, or enrolling late will have their accounts adjusted after the FACTS account is set up. Contact Carol Willard to verify monthly amount due.
Parents of newly enrolled students may access the New Parent Portal using the same credentials they used to log in to the Admissions Portal. If necessary, click the drop-down menu on the column at the top portal page to switch from the Admissions Portal to the New Parent Portal. On the New Parent Portal, parents may edit contact information and view their billing account.
In mid-July, parents will receive access to the Parent Portal and health portal and should complete Back-to-School Registration at that time.
If you have any questions about accessing the New Parent Portal, Parent Portal, or Magnus Health, please email Communications Manager Sini Fernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Washington State law (RCW 28A.210.080) requires that all children enrolled at a public or private school must have documentation of the required immunizations or an exemption in order to attend school, preschool, or childcare, including those attending an alternative school program such as Running Start, vocational technical school, or virtual school. The immunization records must be on file at the school on or before the first day of attendance. See www.doh.wa.gov/vaxtoschool for additional details in multiple languages.
On or before the first day of attendance, all new students and all returning preschool, kindergarten, and grade 7 students must upload a medically verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form to the health portal by the summer deadline. Children cannot attend school until these records are provided. We cannot accept any forms that have been mailed, emailed, or dropped off.
A medically verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form is a:
- CIS printed by a health care provider from the Washington State Immunization Information System (IIS). This is medically verified by the Immunization Information System.
- CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. This is medically verified by the Immunization Information System. You can access your child’s immunization record at any time by signing up for MyIR at wa.MyIR.net.
- CIS completed by hand.
- Must be verified with a health care provider signature
- Must have medical vaccination records attached so it can be verified for accuracy by school staff
- Must be verified with a health care provider signature
If your child is on a delayed schedule, also have your child's health care provider complete and sign the Certificate of Exemption. See Health Services for more information or contact Lea Hysom, school nurse, at email@example.com if you have any questions about your child's immunization records.
Note: The COVID-19 vaccination is not required for students to attend school. However, if your student is vaccinated for COVID-19, please complete the optional COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card requirement by uploading your child's completed COVID-19 vaccine card or medically verified CIS containing the COVID-19 vaccine dose dates.
Your child's Back-to-School Registration is due on August 3 and must be complete before your child may attend school. Look for an email in mid-July announcing that it is ready for your attention.
Cubs Club lengthens the preschool day by forty-five minutes and is available from 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. To review a list of classes offered and register, visit the Cubs Club page. Registration opens on August 7, 2023, at 9:00 a.m.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Review our campus map and familiarize yourself with the morning and afternoon routines.
Mark Your Calendar
On every webpage, you will find a link to the School Calendar which can be filtered according to your child's division (or check out the special Preschool Calendar). Parents may subscribe to the various sub-calendar feeds and/or subscribe to email/text alerts for specific events or calendars.
Bear Creek supplies most materials for our students; however, there are a couple of school supplies that parents must provide for their children.
When you are ready to dig into the everyday routine at Bear Creek Preschool, read our Preschool Parent Guide.
Preschool (P3 – P5)
- Division Head Rachael Urban, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 803
- Division Assistant Minette Williams, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 800
Lower School (grades K – 4)
- Division Head Kristen Gephart, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 115
- Dean of Students Tracy Whitfield, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 442
- Division Assistant Cady Reimer, firstname.lastname@example.org. 425-898-1720 ext. 116
Middle School (grades 5 – 8)
- Division Head Jenn McDonough, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 229
- Dean of Students Nathan Pettit, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 209
- Division Assistant Suzanne Grant, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 215
Upper School (grades 9 – 12)
- Division Head Carol Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 539
- Dean of Students Kevin Davison, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 735
- Division Assistant Lorri Fowler, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 532
Tuition and Fees
- Business Operations Manager Kathleen Lewis, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 302
Giving or Volunteering
- Senior Director of Philanthropy and Community Engagement Mariana Keller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 340
- Director of Health Services and School Nurse Lea Hysom, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 399
- Communications Manager Sini Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics Director Chad Pohlman, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 431 (grades 9 – 12 sports)
- Middle School Athletics Director Nate Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 430 (grades 6 – 8 sports)
College and Academic Advising
- Dean of College and Academic Advising Katie Gomulkiewicz, email@example.com (grades 11 – 12)
- Dean of Academic Advising Ayoleida Páramo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 503 (grades 9 – 10)
- Registrar James Woollard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 537
- Director of Admissions Christie Hazeltine, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions Associate Carrie Nordberg, email@example.com (Designated School Official for Form I-20 students, also coordinates Parent Mentor program)
Also check out the online directory of faculty and staff.