New Preschool Students
This page contains information for new P3/P4/P5 students and their parents.
This video introduces all the topics we normally present at parent orientation events, including lots of details about our program, pick-up and drop-off, and much more. You may also reference the presentation slides and recordings of our Q&A sessions held May 4 and May 5. Additional information provided is below.
Preparing for Preschool
Transition to School
Read these tips for transitioning to preschool to help ensure your child is ready for the first day.
We believe education is a partnership between the school and home. As you are preparing your child for school, we have some ideas for extending your child’s learning outside the classroom.
Instructions for completing these requirements by uploading your child's immunization records to the health portal will be included with Back-to-School Registration (see below).
The Bear Creek School is required by State law to ensure all students are compliant with current immunization requirements (preschool or K – 12) or have an appropriate exemption. All new students and all returning kindergarten and grade 7 students must upload medically-verified immunization records to the health portal prior to the first day of school.
To help the school and our families meet this requirement, The Bear Creek School is changing how we manage student immunization records. We are now using the School Module, an online system provided by the Washington State Department of Health.
The School Module allows Bear Creek to quickly and efficiently check if your child has the vaccines required for school. This will save the health team time entering vaccination dates and free up time to work with students. Most children born and/or vaccinated in Washington already have their information in the system. You can access your child’s record at any time by signing up for MyIR at wa.MyIR.net.
- (Recommended) Print and sign your child's Certificate of Immunization Status directly from wa.MyIR.net
- Or both you and your child's health care provider must sign the completed Certificate of Immunization Status
- Or complete and sign the Certificate of Immunization Status and submit along with a copy of your child's medical records
If your child is on a delayed schedule, also have your child's health care provider complete and sign the Certificate of Exemption. See Health Services for more information or contact Lea Hysom, school nurse, at email@example.com if you have any questions about your child's immunization records.
Cubs Club lengthens the preschool day by forty-five minutes and is available from 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. See the Cubs Club page for an example of classes offered; 2020 – 2021 registration is postponed.
Be on the lookout for an email about your child's Back-to-School Registration which must be complete before your child may attend school.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Review our campus maps to familiarize yourself with the morning and afternoon routines.
Mark Your Calendar
At the top of every webpage, you'll see the link to the School Calendar which can be filtered according to your child's division (or check out the special Preschool Calendar). Parents may subscribe to the various sub-calendar feeds and/or subscribe to email/text alerts for specific events or calendars.
Bear Creek supplies most materials for our students; however, there are a couple of school supplies that parents must provide for their children.
When you're ready to dig into the everyday routine at Bear Creek Preschool, read our Preschool Parent Guide.
Preschool (P3 – P5)
- Division Head Rachel Urban, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-885-9401 ext. 402
- Division Assistant Minette Williams, email@example.com
Lower School (grades K – 4)
- Division Head Kristen Gephart, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 115
- Dean of Students Tressa Parker, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 122
- Division Assistant Cady Reimer, firstname.lastname@example.org. 425-898-1720 ext. 116
Early Middle School (grades 5 – 6)
Middle School (grades 7 – 8)
- Division Head Jenn McDonough, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 229
- Dean of Students Nathan Pettit, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 209
- Division Assistant Carol Willard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 215
Upper School (grades 9 – 12)
- Division Head Carol Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 539
- Dean of Students Kevin Davison, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 735
- Division Assistant Debbie Stump, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 532
Tuition and Fees
- Business Operations Manager Kathleen Lewis, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 302
Giving or Volunteering
- Vice President for Philanthropy and Community Engagement Debbie Marchione, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720, ext. 338
- Health Services Manager and School Nurse Lea Hysom, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 399
- Communications Manager Sini Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics Director Chad Pohlman, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 431 (grades 9 – 12 sports)
- Middle School Athletics Director Ryan Byram, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 430 (grades 6 – 8 sports)
College and Academic Advising
- Dean of College and Academic Advising Colleen Murray, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 533 (grades 11 – 12)
- Dean of Academic Advising Emily Schuldt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 535 (grades 9 – 10)
- Registrar James Woollard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 537
- Director of Admissions Christie Hazeltine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Also check out the online directory of faculty and staff.