New Preschool Students
This page contains information for new P3/P4/P5 students and their parents.
Parents who missed the spring orientation may watch the recording of the meeting or review the presentation slides.
Bookmark this page so you can join this meeting and follow up on all the information provided below.
* Download the free Microsoft Teams app or join in your browser.
Preparing for Preschool
Transition to School
Read these tips for transitioning to preschool to help ensure your child is ready for the first day.
We believe education is a partnership between the school and home. As you are preparing your child for school, we have some ideas for extending your child’s learning outside the classroom.
Instructions for completing these requirements by uploading your child's immunization records to the health portal will be included with Back-to-School Registration (see below). Please do not email immunization records to school.
The Bear Creek School is required by State law to ensure all students are compliant with current immunization requirements (preschool or K – 12) or have an appropriate exemption. On or before the first day of attendance, all new students and all returning kindergarten and grade 7 students must upload medically-verified immunization records to the health portal by the summer deadline. Children cannot attend school until these records are provided. (Instructions for submitting immunization records are include with Back-to-School Registration in July).
A medically-verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form is a:
- CIS printed by a health care provider from the Washington State Immunization Information System (IIS). This is medically verified by the Immunization Information System.
- CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. This is medically verified by the Immunization Information System. You can access your child’s immunization record at any time by signing up for MyIR at wa.MyIR.net.
- CIS completed by hand.
- Must be verified with a health care provider signature
- Must have medical vaccination records attached so it can be verified for accuracy by school staff
- Must be verified with a health care provider signature
If your child is on a delayed schedule, also have your child's health care provider complete and sign the Certificate of Exemption. See Health Services for more information or contact Lea Hysom, school nurse, at email@example.com if you have any questions about your child's immunization records.
Note: The COVID-19 vaccination is not required for students to attend school. However, if you wish your child to be exempt from quarantine that might be necessary during the school year due to exposure to COVID-19, please complete the optional COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card requirement (grades 6 – 12) by uploading your child's completed COVID-19 vaccine card or medically-verified CIS containing the COVID-19 vaccine dose dates.
Cubs Club lengthens the preschool day by forty-five minutes and is available from 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. To review a list of classes offered and register, visit the Cubs Club page. Registration opens on August 9.
Your child's Back-to-School Registration is due by August 5 and must be complete before your child may attend school. If your child just enrolled, you will receive a Back-to-School Registration email within a few business days once your accounts are set up.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Review our campus map to familiarize yourself with the morning and afternoon routines.
Mark Your Calendar
At the top of every webpage, you'll see the link to the School Calendar which can be filtered according to your child's division (or check out the special Preschool Calendar). Parents may subscribe to the various sub-calendar feeds and/or subscribe to email/text alerts for specific events or calendars.
Bear Creek supplies most materials for our students; however, there are a couple of school supplies that parents must provide for their children.
When you are ready to dig into the everyday routine at Bear Creek Preschool, read our Preschool Parent Guide.
Preschool (P3 – P5)
- Division Head Rachel Urban, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-885-9401 ext. 402
- Division Assistant Minette Williams, email@example.com
Lower School (grades K – 4)
- Division Head Kristen Gephart, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 115
- Dean of Students Tressa Parker, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 122
- Division Assistant Cady Reimer, firstname.lastname@example.org. 425-898-1720 ext. 116
Early Middle School (grades 5 – 6)
Middle School (grades 7 – 8)
- Division Head Jenn McDonough, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 229
- Dean of Students Nathan Pettit, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 209
- Division Assistant Carol Willard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 215
Upper School (grades 9 – 12)
- Division Head Carol Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 539
- Dean of Students Kevin Davison, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 735
- Division Assistant Debbie Stump, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 532
Tuition and Fees
- Business Operations Manager Kathleen Lewis, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 302
Giving or Volunteering
- Vice President for Philanthropy and Community Engagement Debbie Marchione, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720, ext. 338
- Health Services Manager and School Nurse Lea Hysom, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 399
- Communications Manager Sini Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics Director Chad Pohlman, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 431 (grades 9 – 12 sports)
- Middle School Athletics Director Ryan Byram, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 430 (grades 6 – 8 sports)
College and Academic Advising
- Dean of College and Academic Advising Colleen Murray, email@example.com, 425-898-1720, ext. 533 (grades 11 – 12)
- Dean of Academic Advising Emily Schuldt, firstname.lastname@example.org, 425-898-1720 ext. 535 (grades 9 – 10)
- Registrar James Woollard, email@example.com, 425-898-1720 ext. 537
- Director of Admissions Christie Hazeltine, firstname.lastname@example.org
Also check out the online directory of faculty and staff.