Databases and E-Books
The Bear Creek School Libraries subscribes to a variety of databases and services.
- Ancient and Medieval History: World history coverage from prehistory through the 1500s.
- Classroom Video On-Demand: Streaming video database with unlimited access to thousands of educational programs. Producers include: BBC, History Education, Modern Marvels, and National Geographic.
- Culture Grams: Country reports, photos and videos on daily life and culture of the world's people.
- eLibrary: Titles cover a wide range of subjects including business, education, general interest, health, language arts, sciences, and social sciences.
- Explora: Search for information from e-books, periodicals and reference books.
- GALE Virtual Reference Library: Portal to Bear Creek's collection of electronic reference books.
- GALE World History in Context: "Understand 5,000 years of civilization from a 21st-century framework. World History In Context provides an overview of world history that covers the most-studied events, periods, cultures, civilizations, religions, conflicts, wars, ideologies, cultural movements, and people."
- History Reference Center: Full-text biographies, journal articles, historical documents and reference books, plus 400,000 maps and images, and 80+ hours of videos on historical topics.
- History Study Center: Find primary and secondary sources on global history from ancient times to present.
- Literary Reference Center: Full-text database with a broad spectrum of information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- Novelist: Find a book.
- ProQuest: Full-text articles on a wide range of topics.
- ProQuest Literature: Full-text database with biographical information, criticism, and multimedia on authors and poets as well as full-text access to many reference books.
- Science Reference Center: Full-text reference books and articles on earth and space sciences, energy and power, health and fitness, forensic science, life sciences, mathematics, nutrition, physics, technology, wildlife, and more.
- SIRS Discoverer: Hundreds of eBooks on subjects including health and human body, history, government, and science.
- World Book Encyclopedia: Articles, images, videos, definitions, and multimedia content from World Book.
- World History Interactive Atlas and Timeline: Jump through the centuries back to 3000 B.C. to see how borders and place names have changed.