Bear Creek Libraries
The Bear Creek School has four separate libraries. The Ida Lairson (K-4) Library has a collection focused for students in kindergarten – grade 4. The C.E. “Ted” Kindel (5-8) Library houses a collection geared toward Early Middle School and Middle School students. The Andrea Lairson (9-12) Library in the Upper School is filled with resources for older students. The Valley Campus Library collection is geared toward Preschool students.
The collection is built to support the resource needs of the classroom curriculum; together the libraries contain over 39,000 print and electronic titles. The libraries provide computers for online research and access to online resources to which the school subscribes.
Search the Bear Creek Libraries catalog for access to the entire collection as well as these tools:
- WebPath Express gives you access to 90,000+ educational, trustworthy, and relevant websites picked by teachers and librarians.
- DestinyQuest provides access to Resource (Book) Lists are organized by age and category.
The mission of The Bear Creek School Libraries is to ensure that students are effective users and producers of ideas and information. To fulfill this mission, we strive to:
- Teach essential information and technology skills integrated with the curriculum
- Guide and promote reading, books, and media
- Manage and provide information and technology services, resources, and facilities.
Read more about the libraries.