Dr. Nancy Price Scholars Program
Four-Year Renewable Tuition Scholarship
The Dr. Nancy Price Scholars Program is named in honor of Dr. Price, Founder and Head of The Bear Creek School from 1988-2006. Her devotion to the classical ideals of truth, goodness, and beauty has endowed The Bear Creek School with a rich legacy of developing Christian scholars and leaders both now and for generations to come. Full and partial Price Scholarships are awarded to a new, rising grade 9 student who exhibit their Christian faith through academic excellence and passionate servant leadership. Please contact the Office of Admissions for more information.
- Be entering grade 9 as a new domestic student in the fall of 2014. Have a minimum grade point average of 3.3 (only academic courses) for grade 7. A Price Scholarship recipient must maintain semester grade point averages of 3.3 in their freshman year and semester grade point averages of 3.5 thereafter.
- Demonstrate significant achievement on Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) - minimum score in the 85th percentile on three of the four test categories.
- Exhibit Christian faith through academic excellence and servant leadership.
- Demonstrate exemplarily behavioral standards prior to admission and each year thereafter in order to remain eligible for scholarship renewal.
How to Apply
Each applicant who meets the above requirements will qualify to advance as a finalist. Finalists will be notified as soon as the results from the Independent School Entrance Exam are available. Finalists will be required to:
- Submit an additional essay on or before January 29, 2014. Essay prompt will be sent to finalists approximately one week in advance.
- Participate in a finalist interview on the afternoon of Monday, February 3, 2014. Please reserve this date.
- Winner(s) will be notified February 13, 2014.
Other Scholarships and Tuition Assistance
The Bear Creek School offers a limited number of additional scholarships and tuition assistance. Tuition assistance requires a separate application. We strongly encourage students applying to the Dr. Nancy Price Scholars Program to also apply for tuition assistance in the event they are not selected as a Dr. Nancy Price Scholar.
The Bear Creek School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of our educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.