School Closure and Emergency Information
As of 3:00 PM Friday, Bear Creek is planning to administer the PSAT tomorrow, October 15, to all sophomores and juniors in the Main Commons. Check in at 7:45 AM. However, watch the website, your phone, and your email for possible cancellation due to windstorm. We will do our best to get the information out as early as possible. If necessary, the test will be rescheduled for November 2, the College Board's official back-up test date.
In anticipation of the storm, Upper School Fall Costume Dance has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 29.
See School Closure and Emergency Information page for information on how to sign up for alerts.
If the school is closed due to weather, power outages, or any other emergency situation, the news will be posted in the following ways:
- A pop-up notice on our website
- School "news alerts" (see below)
- Local radio and television news stations
- The voice message on the school voicemail system (if power and Internet services are available).
How to Subscribe to News Alerts
Please subscribe to email or text alerts by following these instructions.
- Click "Parents" at the top of any page.
- Scroll down to the "My Subscriptions" box and click the "log in" link.
- Type your username and password (you will be returned to the Parent Page).
- Click the "My subscriptions" link next to the blue pencil in the "My Subscriptions" box (a new window will open with your name at the top and "My Subscriptions" on the tab).
- If you wish to receive alerts on your cell phone, ensure that your cell phone number is listed in the "Phone" section of the page. If not, click "Add Text Enabled Phone" and follow the instructions. Only phone numbers that you listed in your Family Profile will be available. (see "My Family Information" box on Parent Page).
- Click the "Settings" link on the News Alerts header bar.
- Check the box(es) for the News Alerts you are interested in receiving.
- Click the red "Update Settings" button.
- Close the My Subscriptions window.