The 2012-2013 Yearly Planner summarizes school days, holidays, and vacations.
For those who want to plan ahead, the first draft of the 2013-2014 Yearly Planner is available. Dates are subject to change.
The Headmaster presents Raising Your Constitutional IQ
Date: Wednesday - April 25, 2012
Time: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Location: Kindel Library, Redmond Campus
Learn how the First Amendment protects (and doesn't protect) freedom of speech and religion.
The U.S. Constitution's First Amendment represents America's strong belief in freedom of speech and religion. Even though Americans take great pride in these freedoms, we often cannot agree on what the First Amendment means for us today.
You may wonder:
- Does it allow corporations to spend all the money they want to influence political campaigns?
- Does it allow people to "occupy" public parks at tax payer expense
- ?Does it stop Google or Twitter from cooperating with political censors in China or Iran?
- Does it protect people who provide children with obscene materials on the Internet or sell them violent video games?
- Does it allow public schools to pray at graduation ceremonies or teach about intelligent design?
Join Bear Creek parent and University of Washington law professor Bob Gomulkiewicz to explore these and other questions about the First Amendment. This is your chance to go to law school for one night!
Please RSVP here.